Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday Sunshine

It's sunny, glorious and very autumnal. I've been out for a brisk walk (after all, those are the best), and am back now and making some spicy vegan rice dish. You can ask for a recipe if you like, it's my own. :) I will enjoy it with some jalapeno tortillas and a few glasses of white wine, yum. What could be a better way of enjoying a Saturday afternoon than some hot, hot, hot vegan tortillas, chilled white wine, jazz on the radio, and a few great films to watch and books to read later? Nothing, at least not in my opinion. 

The autumn light paints everything golden, wonderful, magical, filled with small bursts of color, and still leaves shadows where little creatures hurry towards their winter nests, carrying morsels of food and things to keep them warm during the long darkness that is winter. 

I stayed up late last night, reading Good Omens by Gaiman and Pratchett, and oh Lord, it is funny and imaginative, and good for a weary soul such as I. 

Nothing special is happening, just birds hopping on the windowsill, to the great excitement of my three kitties. And no, I still can't see Russia from my window, not even on a clear day. 

No comments: