Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sunshine and strawberry coffee


Today, woke up to brilliant sunshine and the purr of my tortoiseshell cat Ramona. Been drinking strawberry coffee, and made a lovely sandwich of fullgrain bread, hummus, tomatoes and cucumber, and some rucola. An awesome way to start the day.


I'll be going to the library again today -- have some dvds and books I reserved waiting for me there. I'm thinking of freeing some books into the wild en route... Bookcrossing is such a great pastime, and it's fun for people to try and catch the novels. Of course there are several books I truly love and wouldn't ever let roam the streets, but quite a few just gather dust and would enjoy being read by someone, I'm sure.


I got some great news yesterday, at the RA clinic... My RA appears to have healed miraculously! At the same time that I started my vegan diet last year, I also stopped taking my medicines... And the vegan lifestyle has worked wonders on me. I'm cured! The doctor said there was of course no way of being sure but it does appear that I am in fact healed of what was supposed to be a chronic illness.


So, that calls for a celebration... I'll toast to the summer and sunshine with a glass of sparkling wine.

No comments: